Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recording/Recent Purchases (Short Version)/Super top secret awesome production notes

Hey all,

Glad to see I have quadrupled the number of followers of this blog, thank you and thank-you kindly.

Of late I've spent huge amounts of time around this funny looking contraption:

Photobucket

And also this funny looking person:

Photobucket

But have still had time to get some decent CDs. No reviews this time, just check them out if you're interested, none of them are duds really so you can't go wrong. I will say, however, that when I purchased the Trio Of Doom/Mahavishnu stuff at Rocking Horse on Friday, the cashier said "A couple of fusion grails for the weekend hey?" to which I responded "Yes." I wonder if I helped perpetuate the stereotype of the jazz-fusion fan, equipped with facial hair, uncomfortable demeanor and defective personality? But after all it was Friday afternoon and I knew very well what I was buying.

Photobucket

Oh, this is me trying to make you jealous:

Photobucket

There. As for the purchases above, I'll have to come back and review a few of them, some interesting finds in there that I wish to discuss. Another time for sure. Anyway, here are some notes I've made on the Stature EP thus far, just got a rough mixdown (with only a few guitars to be thrown in) and shared my thoughts on some aspects of the recording. I should say now that it sounds absolutely killer and Glen (our engineer and perpetual dinner guest) has outdone himself in his ambition in producing and engineering this recording, and the results will blow minds if what I've been hearing is any indication. Not really sure why these notes are important, they're probably not, but I thought I'd share.

Photobucket
Photobucket


I have glasses now too. Great fun. Speaking of, if you're not busy this weekend:

Photobucket

We're on at 10:30. Come and see me in equally unflattering poses, with music! Fun!

- James

No comments:

Post a Comment